Tuesday 18 November 2014

A4 Acrylic Paint: Bene Gesserit Sister



I've using a lot of water colours, charcoal and pencils lately so in a bid to do something different and refresh some long slumbering practice I've turned to acrylics. Still had some in the house and I miss the bold colours and contrast I use to get using them years ago, so to start I used a simple A4 canvas and began to paint a female face keeping some scatter magazine references at hand. At the beginning it didn't look like anything expect a creepy child's painting but with time and persistence it soon evolved. At the end I got used to a black background and instead of adding hair I could add a shoal or nun's garment but that wasn't my style, then it reminded me of the witch/priestess order from Frank Herbert's Dune so I went with that in mind. I kept everything outside the face relatively quick and less detailed than the face, next time I'll buy some better, more detailed brushes and work with a larger surface to achieve such detail. Here's my progress, just goes to show even from crude beginnings if you trust yourself and keep going to get somewhere.




No comments:

Post a Comment